Gospel Matthew 3:13-17
Ceremonies are usually held for people in leadership, like Bishops and Presidents. They are called to work for the wellbeing of the people. In a similar way, with Jesus’ Baptism, His work leads to our salvation.
Baptism is to:
* Show us that Jesus is the Son of God.
* Free us from sin.
* It’s a gateway to the other Sacraments.
Jesus was also baptized to:
- Show unity with us.
- To identify with humankind.
- The acceptance of His mission.
- To convert sinners.
- So that our sins are washed away, to a fruitful righteousness.
The Father is well pleased with Jesus and with us as well who follow Him.