Astrid Mackayat | 060 394 3904
As a movement within the church, the Charismatic renewal takes its roots in the testimony of the Gospel tradition: Jesus is the Lord by the power of the Holy-Spirit to the glory of God the Father. The Charismatic revival makes clear the reality of the Gospel first; it witnesses the elements of the Good News which is at its centre: the covenant of the Father’s love, Jesus’s Lordship, the power of the Holy-Spirit, community and sacramental Life, the prayer, charisma and need for evangelisation.
The French Charismatic renewal prayer group is takes it roots in 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, love, which is the foundation of every Christians’ faith, without which, no matter what we do, we do it vain.
We welcome everyone regardless of the language spoken as our services and activities are both in french and English.
- To help participants to develop and experience the Holy-Spirit received at one’s baptism;
- To promote the proper use of the charismatic gifts mentioned in 1 Corinthians chapter 12;
- To keep track of life in the Spirit of the members by organising sessions and workshop like seminars on the effusion of the Holy-Spirit, recollections, etc., mostly based on a spiritual and doctrinal formation. The aforementioned formations are done during meetings organised by the Prayer Group, retreats, workshops, etc. the formations must be accessible by all regardless of the educational level of members and can be sponsored and/or led by the Priest in charge, a charismatic Priest or a catholic member.
- To evangelise by organising seminars and assemblies open to the people who are not members of the Prayer group;
- To develop the gifts and ministries within the Prayer group such as gift of services, speaking and praying in tongues, intercession, healing, teaching, administration, usher, welfare, etc.
- To reinforce and look further into the understanding of life of doctrine of the Catholic Church: Holy-Trinity, sacraments, the devotion to the Virgin Mary, Papal Authority, etc.
weekly meetings: every Thursdays from 06h00 pm to 07h30pm in the Parish hall.
Community prayer of the rosary: 19 May 2019, 11 August 2019 & 20 October 2019
Community Offering: 11 August 2019 & 25 December 2019
Seminar on September 2019 (every Thursdays)
Yearly Night Vigil: 31 December 2019 from 8 pm till dawn of the new year 2020, with food and refreshments, entertainment, talk on the theme of the year declared by the clergy, praise and worship and exchange of gifts.